1. I know “Pig Banky Banks” can hold just as many pennies in their gluttonous bellies as Piggy Banks.
2. I know I want to be a mom whose arms never run out of hugs, whose eyes can always shed a tear in empathy, whose no means no, whose heart breaks when her little ones learn a hard lesson, whose spirit rejoices when they make a wise decision, and whose home is always warm and welcoming to friend and stranger.
3. I know I can devour this Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a single sitting. And no, I don’t need any help, thank you kindly.
4. I know that finding a stinkbug on your arm while attempting to hide quietly under a blanket is a traumatic situation and one that must be dealt with swiftly, decisively, and unequivocally: “The stinkbug was just trying to be your friend. He didn’t know he would be scary. He’s gone now. Permanently.”
5. I know I can’t do it all: the floors will be dirty, the fridge will mold, the phone call will go unreturned, the library books will be late, the car will be long overdue for an oil change, the thank you letter will be fully written…in my head, the biscuits will be flat, the book will be unread, the recycling will wait till next month, the stinkbugs will multiply, the Red Box rental will cost $3 instead of $1. I know I can’t do it all…I’m working on being okay with that.
6. I know a great God who, even on my worst “I can’t do it all” day, is happy to take me as I am.
7. I know where the stinkbug went. I know where Thumkin’s hiding. I know why little girls need to take naps (even when they adamantly insist otherwise). I know how to make hot chocolate on a wintry March day. I know when Big Friend will arrive home from work.
8. Little Friend is growing up. I don’t know where, why, how, or when.
9. I don’t know everything.
10. I’m okay with that.
If you’re in need of a Pig Banky Bank or just a plain ol’ Piggy Bank for all those loose pennies in your life, I love this wooden version from ArksAndAnimals. Then again, the Etsy-crafter doesn’t exactly mention an escape hatch for those pennies, so using this bank might truly be considered life-savings.